FISD is the global forum of choice for industry participants to discuss, understand and facilitate the evolution of financial information for the key players in the value chain including consumer firms, third party groups and data providers. It is a dynamic environment in which members identify the trends that will shape the industry and create education opportunities and industry initiatives to address them.
- Over 30 Years of service to the Financial Information Industry
- Areas of operation include North America, Europe, Brazil and Asia Pacific
- 25+ Events per year on five continents
- 260+ Global Member Companies
- FISD Constituent makeup
- Data Vendors - 35
- Exchanges - 49
- Data Consumers (Banks and Buyside Firms Using Financial Information) - 68
- Technology and Service Providers – 68
- Membership Structure & Dues Scale: Join | Renew | Dues Scale
- Website & Social Media
- Website – FISD.NET
- Twitter – @FISD_SIIA
- LinkedIn Member Group Only
The FISD agenda encompasses the wide range of commercial, technical and regulatory issues that face the financial information industry. The specific events, working groups and activities that FISD offers will change over time in response to member needs and the changing business environment, but key subject areas include:
- Commercial policies for market and reference data
- Legal and contractual issues
- Market data administration - data permissioning, usage reporting, billing and auditing
- Legislative and regulatory developments that affect the creation and usage of financial information
- Real-time data processing and connectivity
- Indexes - the creation, distribution and usage of index information
- Communications, product management and service delivery practices
- Data standards and best practices
- Data management
- Intellectual property issues and data piracy
- Human resources, organizational and professional development
FISD assists its members in a variety of areas including:
A key activity within FISD is the development and advocacy of best practice recommendations (BPRs). The BPRs set a basic standard of consistency and efficiency for industry policies and practices. BPRs represent a consensus resulting from significant discussion and debate of individuals representing a diverse spectrum of FISD member firms.
In our role as a neutral industry forum, FISD creates and manages working groups that discuss and seek to identify consensus on issues related to financial information. By participating in a working group, you have your finger on the pulse of industry issues.
FISD hosts a range of programs globally. Most of the programs are free for members and feature a broad array of content presented in a variety of formats – both in-person and virtual.
FISD is the proud presenter of the biennial World Financial Information Conference and the annual Asia Financial Information Conference. These conferences are dedicated to exploring and discussing the issues shaping the financial information industry.
Constituent Groups (Exchanges, Consumers and Data Vendors)
As an exclusive benefit of FISD, qualified members are invited to participate in the members-only Constituent Groups for their constituency. The Constituent Groups are closed forums used to identify and communicate consensus views within the membership and the financial information industry. These quarterly meetings give members the opportunity to network with peers across geographic lines. Niche firms and larger players can come together to find common ground.
FISD promotes career building initiatives for financial information professionals.
Job Search Resources - FISD provides links to job boards, employment services, job listings and other job search tools that are offered by FISD members.
Professional Certification - FISD has worked with senior and experienced practitioners to develop the Level 1 and Level 2 credential exams for financial information industry professionals and testing candidates on the most critical industry knowledge.
FISD offers members visibility to the industry via:
- Speaking opportunities
- Event and Conference Sponsorship
- Outlet for press releases
- Distribution of white papers and presentations