- This event has passed.
Buy-Side Fireside Chat and Roundtable: Confessions of a Quant with Avi Rosenbluth
May 27, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
May 27 @ 10:00am - 11:30am US Eastern Time
Members: FREE | Non-Members: $200
The Alternative Data council presents this fireside chat and roundtable discussion with Avi Rosenbluth, a quantitative portfolio manager. Avi has deep and broad experience utilizing data to make investment decisions through recent executive roles at AQR and Goldman Sachs. This will be a wonderful opportunity to hear from a typically tight-lipped section of the industry and to discuss your thoughts with peers.
Topics will include:
- the data requirements of discretionary vs. systematic strategies and how alternative data is facilitating some approaches and may hamstring others
- the importance of timely, frequent, curated and reliable data and what happens when any of these elements is not present
- what machine learning can and cannot do
- advice for vendors on when to pursue and when to abandon building out a particular data set
- the role of regulations and standards in supporting the growth of the alternative data industry.
10:00-10:05 a.m. FISD Introduction
Tracey Shumpert, Vice President, Membership and Programs, FISD
10:05-10:15 am. Avoiding Bias in Data Science
Richard Goldman, Global Director, Sales Strategy & Execution, Quant & Feeds, Refinitiv
10:15-11:00 a.m. Confessions of a Quant Fireside Chat
Avi Rosenbluth, Portfolio Manager
Elizabeth Pritchard, CEO, Bitvore
11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Roundtable Discussion