The FISD Data Licensing Specialist is for professionals who work at companies that sell data, use data, or provide services to data users or vendors. In short, the Data Licensing Specialist is useful for almost anybody. The most critical audience is people who work directly with data licensing either on the vendor or consumer side of the aisle.
The exam follows the FISD DLS Syllabus , which is broken down into three sections: Firms and Roles in the Licensed Data Life Cycle, Licensing & Governance, and Compliance & Audit.
There are 100 questions on the exam – a mix of multiple-choice and multiple-selection style questions.
You may take up to 2 hours 40 minutes (160 minutes) to complete the exam.
Yes. As soon as you’re comfortable, you can submit your exam to receive your results.
You must score at least 75% on the exam to pass. Scores are not rounded.
Login to your Webassessor account. From your Test Taker Dashboard, click Launch for the exam you wish to take. Your exam will begin immediately once you click Launch and there is no break, so be sure you’re able to devote up to 2 hours 40 minutes to your exam before clicking the Launch button.
Exam retakes are unlimited. There is no waiting period between attempts. Results never expire and scores are not published, so you don’t need to complete a retake unless you scored below 75%.
There is no required waiting period. As soon as you feel ready to try the exam again you’re welcome to do so.
The fee for a single exam is $500. If you purchase your exam alongside recognized training, FISD will grant a $75 discount, making the price for your exam $425.
Yes, a $75 discount is available if you purchase your exam alongside recognized training.
Your result will appear immediately on your computer screen once you submit your exam answers. An email containing the same information will also be sent to the email address you provided during registration.
Plaque shipments are batched and handled by a third-party company, so FISD cannot provide an accurate estimate.
Send your correct name, exam date, and mailing address to Michael Zingali upon completion of your exam.
Yes. Confirm your preferred name with Michael Zingali and if you would like it to appear that way in the plaque, directory, or both.
Yes. Email Michael Zingali with your full name and exam date to request a PDF certificate.
Yes. Email Hope Wilkes to request that your name be kept out of the FISD DLS directory.
Yes. Email Hope Wilkes with your original name and your new name to have the FISD FIA directory updated.
Investigators should contact Hope Wilkes to verify certification status.
Registering for the Exam
- Click the Register button on any of the FISD DLS pages or navigate to this URL
- Follow the link provided on that page to create your personal Webassessor account.
- Follow the link provided on that to login to your personal Webassessor account
- From your Test Taker Dashboard, choose the exam you wish to complete. Click Buy Now.
- If you have a voucher or coupon code, enter it in the box on the next screen then click Redeem to apply.
- Click Check Out. You will see an on-screen confirmation and you will receive an email confirmation of your registration.
That’s up to you! At-home FISD DLS exams can be taken whenever you want, with no advance registration required.
Contact Hope Wilkes with your request to take the exam at a test center to receive up-to-date information.
All exam schedule changes are self-service. Sign into your Kryterion account and choose the option to Register for a New Exam. In the exam catalog, choose the relevant exam version that includes Retake in the name and is priced at $150. If the $150 retake exam is grayed out for you, it is likely because you missed your previous exam. Contact Hope Wilkes for assistance.
During the checkout process, enter your voucher or coupon code in the box marked Coupon/Voucher Code then click Redeem to apply the code to your purchase. For coupons, the price will drop by the coupon amount and you will need to cover the balance with a credit card to finish the registration. For vouchers, the balance will drop to $0.00 and you will not be prompted for additional payment.
- Contact Hope Wilkes to arrange a bulk purchase. If you are using a recognized trainer to get your group prepared for the exam, be sure to share the name of the trainer in order to receive a $75/exam discount. FISD will invoice you for your exams. Once payment is received by FISD, you will receive exam voucher codes for your candidates to use to register for their exams. Vouchers are valid for one year from date of issue.
No. FISD lowered exam prices in 2019, so we no longer offer bulk discounts.
Contact Hope Wilkes to have your session reset or to receive a complimentary retake. In many cases, your exam can be reopened at the last question you answered so you won’t have to restart from the beginning.