Join us for Cloud week at FISD
All FISD members near and far are invited to join us next week for for TWO webinars on the Cloud! No pre-requisite knowledge of cloud required to join these virtual sessions!
October 20 – CLOUD: A Primer on Third-Party Data Distribution Methods: What are they and why use them?
- Hear from both data providers distributing data and data consumers ingesting data how distribution and consumption patterns are changing, and understand some of the considerations that go into shifting the evaluation, procurement, and use of data in the cloud. Please contact Tracey Shumpert if you have any questions.
October 21 – CLOUD: Building a Culture that Encourages Innovation, Not Ownership
- Cloud brings more flexibility, enhances security, offers lower-cost development, better control of data distribution, helping compliance, and easier connections to new technologies. But which are the challenges for this movement? Data lake on Clouds could be a good solution to increase capacity, so what are the trends in this area? What are the guarantees and security of cloud storage? Join us as we deep dive into these questions & more during out October 21 webinar. Please contact Maria Cruz if you have any questions
Member Satisfaction Research
FISD completed the collection and compilation of member satisfaction responses. FISD Executive Committee members conducted interviews and online surveys were sent to those members not available for personal interviews. A total of 67 members responded. The topline results were very favorable, with 88% of respondents reporting that they were “Satisfied” with the value of their FISD membership. FISD will provide a brief to the full membership shortly.
WFIC 2022 Sponsorships Are Selling Fast
World Financial Information Conference (“WFIC”) Sponsorships, which are now available, typically sell out well in advance of the event date and we expect this to be especially true this cycle, as exhibitor inventory is limited. In addition, 2019 sponsors receive first priority to renew their options until September 30th. For this reason, we suggest past sponsors to contact FISD now to reserve their packages, and for potential new sponsors to indicate their interests so that we can prioritize them. Please contact Tracey Shumpert if you have any questions.
FISD FIA v4.0 eLearning + eLearning = Market Data Education Made Easy
I’m writing to introduce you to the Financial Information Associate (FISD FIA) certification. This credential is trusted by over 2,000 market data professionals. Passing the exam and adding the letters FIA after your name signals to the world that you understand:
- Markets: trade lifecycle, market participants, major asset classes
- Data: sources, providers, types and uses of data, pricing models
- Technology: cloud, software development, AI/ML, data management
- Issues & Trends: ESG, commercial trends, market regulation/structure
As an FISD member, you and others at your company have access to a member-exclusive discount on the FISD FIA exam + eTraining bundle. For just $940 USD per seat, you will receive access to the exam and self-paced training from Finance Modules to get you up to speed. The Finance Modules course includes:
- 5 hours of videos divided into short, easy to follow lessons
- 140 pages of notes
- 4 mastery quizzes
Learning more about the market data ecosystem will build both your resume and your confidence, but trying to gain expertise without a structured plan amounts to little more than guesswork and wasted time.
Cognizant announced an agreement with Alveo to jointly offer a comprehensive Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data management solution to the financial services industry. The collaboration will offer firms the ability to operationalize ESG data, integrate it into business processes for better portfolio options and address the rapidly evolving regulatory environment. Read More